Beloved of God,
There is a reason for a major emphasis in the New Testament on seeking things that are not subject to degradation or corruption, seeking goodly pearls that are real in the realm of reality/truth, seeking divine things that would determine our personality in the world age to come when time would have been swallowed up by eternity (Matt.13:45/6:33). This is because it is the only safe way to lavish the soul’s energy bank called our affection. (Col. 3:1)
2 Cor. 4:18 “While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; BUT THE THINGS WHICH ARE NOT SEEN ARE ETERNAL.”
The need for clarity on this elusive emphasis was what prompted the Lord Jesus to counsel those who should make up the company called FEW (Matt. 7:14) to ‘labour not for the meat that perishes but for that meat which endures unto everlasting life. (Jn. 6:27)
We must be as concerned as God is about things that transcend time because it is eternally costlier for us to learn in heaven, what we were meant to learn while on earth? If God would not be ashamed to be called Our God, we must be prepared to live as strangers and pilgrims on earth (Heb. 11:13-16) while discountenancing the glories of this world as we fight the good fight of faith.
Heb. 11:13 -16 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city (i.e. a rest)
1 Pet. 1:24 “For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man (i.e natural/carnal man) as the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower thereof falls away. BUT THE WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER.”
The essence of Apostle Paul’s prayer in Eph. 1:17-18 was so that the Ephesian believers would journey from receiving Jesus as Savior wherein they carried out exploits of Faith Towards God and Love Unto All Brethren (Eph. 1:14) into an intimate relationship wherein they would Know Jesus as The Christ, for this is where the blindness of hearts can be dealt with and this is where they would rightly appraise what God calls GLORY. We unfortunately assume that the new birth takes care of our hearts blindness, but the provision for this is enumerated in Apostle Paul’s commission in Acts. 28:18 and takes place years; if not unfortunately decades after many come into the Christian faith.
Acts. 26:18 TO OPEN THEIR EYES and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness/remission of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me
The power managing man’s blindness is not an operation from demons but Satan, and it can only be destroyed when the eyes of our understanding is enlightened (Eph. 1:18) when we come into REVELATION KNOWLEDGE OF CHRIST. By Believing Jesus, we can handle demons, but it takes Knowledge of The Christ for us to handle Satan, the prince of this world
Our inability to distinguish between Believing In Jesus and Knowing Jesus Christ leaves us giving a Religious Approach To The Christian Faith
- By Religion, I mean that which I practiced for the 1st 18 years of my life when I believed I was a Christian because I always went to Church!
- By religion, I mean that which is inferior to Satan’s Wisdom, born when Adam began to relate with God with his fallen understanding through which he therefore sewed fig leaves
- By religion, I mean the vast intellectually appealing thoughts lacking in divine revelation of ‘How To Please Or Serve God’, but present in the air and celebrated by man after the fall.
- By religion I mean a carnal unlawful knowledge of Jesus after the flesh (2Cor. 5:16), the very stumbling block of the Pharisees, Sadducees and even his disciples at various point in time.
- By religion, I mean that which despises the true essence of Faith that THE JUST SHOULD LIVE BY (Hab. 2:4/Gal. 3:11) and thereby settling for forms of godliness that never lacks the approval of men.
- By religion, I mean every earthly bound philosophy of Cain which cant thrive in God’s presence, though can result in the building of a city after departing God’s presence (Gen. 4:16).
- By religion, I mean that body of intellectual information traceable to ‘the letters in the bible’ that has invaded the church in the form of motivational teachings, e.t.c., which lacks the wisdom of comparing spiritual with spiritual by the aid of the Holy Ghost. (1Cor. 2:13)
The Lord’s desire is that his Church, you and I, would begin to passionately Seek Unseen Things like we once sought the world, for this is what can give us an edge over fallen spirits that rule this world. Such are The Secrets of The Lord that would enable us to Sight The Invincible like Moses did (Heb. 11:26-27) and Prosper in God’s Definition Of Prosperity. Then would we esteem and prepare to partake in Christ’s Greater Riches (Heb. 11.26), which is God’s ordained True Riches, Our Spiritual Inheritance and Glory. (Eph. 1:3/3:8/1 Tim. 6:17/Lk. 16:11)