The church was primarily instituted as a pillar and ground where the souls of believers would be nurtured in truth, not as a problem-solving machine.
The lack of a clear understanding of this purpose, amongst others, has kept our souls infirm and limited us from journeying from Our Faith/Love (Eph. 1:15/1Thes. 1:3) to Their Faith/Love (1Jn. 2:5/1Tim. 1:14/Rom. 5:5), from OUR FELLOWSHIP (1Cor. 14:26) to THEIR FELLOWSHIP (1Jn. 1:3).
The Lord has been reiterating his dire desire to adopt many believers in the years ahead into the soul state of a CHILD, YOUNG MEN and ultimately that of a FATHER (1Jn. 2:12-14) through the syllabus of THOROUGH TRUTH TUTORIALS wherein we would UNLEARN OWN WAYS (laden with sin) and LEARN HIS WAYS.
Such is the training that would bring us into all meekness and all lowliness which we earnestly need to overcome our arch-enemy and appear before the Lord.
The Lord is therefore reaching out to a generation of believers that has been unknowingly stuck with a light of the “New Creation Realities”, which was later taken to the extreme when 1Jn. 1:8/10 was not rightly divided.
1Jn. 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive (i.e. remit) our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
(i.e. remission/cleansing is the by-product of the path of truth that would produce the least/30-fold fruit of kingdom complaint saints who would be greater than John the Baptist, not just by new birth/calling, but by their degree of separation/fellowship with truth - 1Jn. 1:7/Jn. 11:11)
1Jn. 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
(i.e. written to believers with far less carnality than we have today, who were yet to discern sin; not as an act but as a subtle angelic nature/problem)
Without the journeying into unknown terrains of grace and truth where we would rightly divide and then obey such injunctions, Apostle John confirmed “we make God a liar” by subtly saying “we have no sin” and indirectly claim “WE HAVE FINISHED LEARNING CHRIST AND COME INTO ALL MEEKNESS, ALL LONGSUFFERING”. Ps. 25:8-9/Ephesians 4:2/20
Hitherto, the enemy has mocked believers before God as they departed the flesh without conquering SIN, after much bible professing and exploits (Mat.. 7:23) that didn’t tamper with the reign of God’s enemies, but I see a generation of saints that would BY THEIR WALK say “O DEATH, WHERE IS THY STING? O GRAVE, WHERE IS THY VICTORY?”
The following is one of the transcribed ongoing preparation for the forthcoming Believers Convention 2013 titled The Father of Our Inheritance. It that attempts to rend some veils governing such misconceptions and promises to prepare us for the fellowship of the godhead. I hope you’ll find grace to patiently read/print if necessary.
2013 Believers Convention Prayer Meeting Notes - Week 7/Day 2 (July 16, 2013)
Scriptural Texts: Psalm 25:4-9/1Jn. 1:5-10
Subject: The Father Of Our Inheritance (Contd)
James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and Receive With Meekness The Engrafted Word, Which Is Able To SAVE YOUR SOULS.
- It's not every word of God that is the engrafted/implanted Word. It's not every word in the bible that saves. The word that can bring healing to your body cannot save your soul.
- THE BEGINNING OF YOUR FAITH saved your spirit, but it would take THE END OF YOUR FAITH to bring about THE SALVATION TO YOUR SOUL. Your soul wasn't saved when you first believed and got born again, so there are many many believing/receiving (Jn. 1:12) that the soul must partake of before it can be saved.
- Healing is for children. The centurion was not saved, yet he had faith to receive his healing. Jesus therefore said, "I've not found such great faith (a milk faith), not even in Israel" (see Mathew 8:5-10).
- The woman who asked for the crumbs had a kind of milk faith to receive her breakthrough.
- The gospel had been on a journey and by the time it got to gentile churches/believers in Ephesus and Collose, it was christened faith in the Lord Jesus. Jesus had left them with a counsel to “now ask the father in his name (Jn. 16:24), which was what the apostles started teaching the early church after the Holy Ghost had come (book of Acts).
- All those healed in response to faith in the Name of Jesus were healed by a childish faith. This faith was originally preached to the Jews and communicated to the Gentile nation. Such faith can only get you THINGS FROM GOD but not the THINGS OF GOD which is needed to save your soul.
- The spirit of man doesn’t believe and is not a believer like the soul is. The soul was helped to BELIEVE in the son through HIS FAITH at new birth and later needs to KNOW he whom he previously believed in. It wasn't your faith that got you born again; it was his grace. Your spirit was saved by grace through faith. Not of your own working (Ephesians 2:8-10).
- You are called a believer because your soul was able to believe in the Lord whom it hasn’t seen (1Pet. 1:8) and the soul was separated from those in the world thereby. Jn. 14:17
Jn. 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him
- The soul of someone that is not born again is different from that which is born again. Such a soul has believed in the Lord Jesus and is meant to come to the pillar and ground of truth (the church) to access soul salvation having been called out of darkness.
- The human spirit of some believers have been regenerated but their soul have a totally wrong concept of the Christian Faith
- A minister of the gospel needs a higher faith (the faith of the son) to communicate the salvation of the soul
- The church/soul has been divided hitherto because of infirmities of the soul which affects even the saved spirit.
- In our spirits, all of us are one; but in our souls, we have differences and that is why we doctrines, denominations etc. Believers can't fellowship in unity (are not united in God’s faith) because of the division/doctrines of the soul.
Eph. 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of THE FAITH (God’s faith not the FAITH IN THE LORD JESUS found amongst the Ephesian church in Eph. 1:15), and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:
- God is coming to unite the soul and the spirit. Our souls must be one as the Father and the Son are one, which was the greatest prayer of Jesus (John 17:11). All our doctrines must wither like the grass of the field.
- Before the enemy brought divisions, the mind of believers in Jesus was one. We still have orthodox in some continents that haven’t progressed despite increase in light till date.
- A soul that hasn’t been raised in truth would cause divisions. It would take time for souls to be taught truth
- The doors of churches are gradually being opened and we would ultimately forget our individual identities and see Christ. Leaves of religion would wither.
- Don’t create another religion. Integrate; don’t let them know you, let them know Christ.
- God is in the business of bringing all churches together until we get to be one in the unity of faith. Then the leaves of religion will wither.
- The name Brotherhood (brother) in heaven is higher than the title/name reverend which someone like myself use.
- When the Lord wanted to grant me entrance into the body, the lord spoke to my heart and said don’t be overly righteous. I then understood that I couldn’t go with the name ‘brother Kayode’ because some won’t be reached thereby. I also realized I couldn’t use pastor or evangelist by my name, because I wasn’t. I could neither use prophet or apostle, though by his grace I carry these ministry gifts, but it has been carried with a notion that would be perceived in an unreachable manner. I then realized that I had to be as wise as a serpent and like Paul, I had to become all things to all men to reach some (1Cor. 9:21-23). I had to find a mid-range like Late Rev. Hagin of blessed memory once counseled that we “find a mid-point, a point of moderation to reach people”.
- When Jesus came, the acceptable word was rabbi, but he didn’t reject it. He was neither for nor against it. That was a name that was held in esteem in his day. It’s wise to be simple and not seek to be overly righteous. The Lord wants to reach his body and we must be ready to die to what we humanly prefer
Psalm 25:8 Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will He teach sinners in the way
- The spirit of a sinner might be saved and make it to heaven, but such still needs his sins remitted and the only way for such to be dealt with is by being lead in his way.
- Being ignorance of God’s path is sin, is traceable to sin. When God shew Israel his acts, he hadn’t cleansed them of their sins, unlike Moses whom God had cleansed is a good degree and therefore became meek (Num. 12:3).
- The book of first John chapter one wasn’t just taking about the sin you committed yesterday but a path you inherited in the past.
- Many are ignorant of their path which is darkness. John the divine therefore said in 1Jn. 1 that “if we say we have no sin, you are a liar” because you haven’t learnt his path which are mercy and truth (Ps. 25:10)
- You can’t know truth except you have been led. When God is dealing with the soul, he takes such through the path of truth. David therefore said “Good and upright is the lord therefore would he teach sinners the ways”
- Why would God want to teach/lead sinners in his path? Because The Strength Of Sin Is The Way/Walk Of A Fallen Cherubim (Eze. 28:14c) and to knock off sin, the soul would have to be cultured in the way of truth
- A sinner here (Ps. 25:8) is one that is meek (with a contrite heart) and willing to be taught. Not all are believers are!
Psalm 25:9 The meek will He guide in judgment; and the meek will He teach His ways
- If you don't know the way/path/law of the Lord, you remain in sin. You can't be cleansed of sin (i.e. ignorance of God's ways) except you're taught his laws, the law of the spirit of life in Christ. Before heaven, you are not innocent if you are ignorant.
- The reason for darkness is not because you sinned yesterday, but because of your walk/ignorance of the path of the Lord. Ignorance remains until the Lord leads you in His ways, to take away sin from you. John therefore said “if you say that you have no sin, you lie, and the truth is not in you” (1Jn. 1:8-10).
- Judgment means discernment. When you are being taught the way, you are being taught how to discern or judge like God judges
- Jesus was taught truth and thereby received judgment and this is how we would not only receive divine stature but get our faults remitted. David said “All have gone astray, there is none that seeks God” (Ps. 14)
- When you think you are free from an infirmity, another one would arise/show up.
- When you have finished learning Christ, you are no more a sinner. If you continue in my word, then are ye my disciples and then the truth would set you free from sin. This is the liberty we earnestly need.
- When God seeks to cleanse a soul, there are always two kinds of responses from those who would seek truth fully and those who would fall away (1Jn. 2:19)
- Some would not agree for the soul to be led therefore those in 1Jn.2:19 who they left and became seducers who preached Jesus is not come in the flesh. John called such a generation of Cain who preach this world
- When the lord begins to teach truth to a believer, he wants to adopt such as a child (Eph. 1:5)
Eph. 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself
- Knowledge of truth won’t be valuable without the path/leading of the Spirit
- All are sinners, but some are meek and such is he who would be saved from his ways/sins/darkness, taught righteous judgment and be guided into all truth (Jn. 16:13)
- Truth is found on pedestals of meekness. To graduate from one level of truth to another, all you need is to gain energy levels of meekness.
- Eph. 4:1-2 admonishes us to “WALK worthy of your vocation, not PREACH worthy of your vocation”.
- It’s not easy to finish this school of ALL MEEKNESS and ALL LOWLINESS. The higher you go, the more qualified you are for truth, then judgments would be committed unto you and you can take steps of meekness
- You have to be terribly meek to overcome Satan. The nearer you are to God, the meeker you should be.
- Attaining “All Meekness and All Lowliness” is an uphill task. For as you go higher in knowledge of the truth, you'll become sharper and prone to judgment (2 Corinthians 12:7).
- The nearer you are to the devil, the more you would be prompted with pride and so the more you need to be meek
- It took a child to overcome Satan in Rev. 12. The company of the man-child was in the belly of his mother. They were all meek. They remained in the womb of the woman, though higher than the woman in spiritual stature, they retained that disposition until they were caught up to the throne.
- Our sin is our path, our life and it would take us accessing the fellowship of the blood (1Jn. 1:7) to take away the darkness of our path so we can gradually press unto the end of faith.
- During the cleansing process stipulated by John, a believer would first attain the soul state called “Little Children” which belongs to those whose sins have been forgiven/remitted (1Jn. 2:12). As darkness continues to be purged, such would get to a soul state called “Young Men” and ultimately that of “Fathers” (1Jn. 2:13)
- Jesus told Paul to firstly open the eyes of his audience and then turn them (believers) from darkness to light (Acts. 26:18)
- Such are those who would then receive forgiveness/remission of sin after being taught of the Lord (Eph. 4:20) and having their path cleansed by truth.
- Such would ultimately graduate from Faith In The Lord Jesus to the Faith of The Son wherein they would receive the end of the faith (i.e. their inheritance/the father)
- Rev. Kayode Oyegoke