It may interest you to know that in the echelon of Faith Towards God, faith to receive physical things is the least, though hyped today despite the provisions of an eternally higher faith, God’s Faith, the Faith of The Son. We therefore saw the elders of faith in Hebrews 11 seeking The Promise (i.e. seeking God for God & not for things) which was later unveiled in and though Christ - Heb. 11:39/1Jn. 2:25
Had they received the promise of eternal life, sin would have become history and there would have been nothing new about the Faith of the New Testament.
Man’s problem has been actually an angel’s problem and the solution to it must be that which is higher than the angelic realm, i.e the throne. And blessed be God who through the tutorials of his faith has given us the audacity to boldly say “…NOW IS THE OBITUARY OF SIN NEARER THAN WE BELIEVED” because only thronic faith tutorials of God’s Faith can subdue The Faith of An Angel (Lucifer) that mutated into Sin!
AND SIN BECAME PERSONAL HISTORY & TRUE HOLINESS A REALITY – Part 8
Scripture Text: 1 John 1:4-7
"That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ." (1 John 1:3)
- The reason for fellowship is to eradicated darkness. Any fellowship that doesn't bring us to where darkness is removed is not of the Father and the Son which alone can strictly treat darkness in the soul.
1Jn. 1:6-7 "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
- It's only in this fellowship that the Blood (life) of Jesus will speak. It's not engaged except you're in this fellowship, except you heed to their call to come.
- While those that have been called to this fellowship still have darkness, we shouldn't walk in darkness. Having darkness and walking in darkness are two different things.
- Darkness has been man’s torch for long. It influences the way we live and it patterns our conversations and visions because there is darkness within and without.
- It takes fellowship with the light of the Godhead to treat darkness within, then your whole body would be full of light (Matt. 6:22) and darkness would be extinguished. Isaiah’s prophesy would then be fulfilled i.e. "Arise and shine for thy light is come!" (Isaiah 60:1)
- You get this light through fellowship, as you listen to the excellent voice that speaks (Hebrews 2:1-3).
Heb. 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
- When you say you don't have darkness, you lie (1Jn. 1:8a) and simply lack the right attitude and an yielding heart like David had (Ps. 18:28)
- When a believer who hasn’t been adopted into their fellowship says “I don't have sins”, such sins would remain (1Jn. 1:6/10). During the earthly days of Jesus, the republicans couldn't approach light because they would rather keep their darkness. The proud Pharisees never acknowledged they had darkness, so they couldn't open up to fellowship with light as the Republicans could in a degree.
- PRAYER: "Lord, teach me how to RESPOND to Light when Light comes to confront the darkness that resides in me".
- There's a kind of heart with which you are to approach the Lord’s fellowship. IF YOU SAY THAT THERE'S NO SIN IN YOU, YOU'RE IN EFFECT SAYING THERE'S NOTHING TO CLEANSE. It's deception to think you have no sin in you.
- This is a hard truth to accept, especially by one who has been taught some extremes of the new creation reality message who are prone to misjudge the balance in truths like 2 Corinthians 5:17 "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature". I mean, how can you tell a born-again child who has been made the righteousness of God in Christ, that such a person still has sin in him?
- Many of such incomplete judgment emanates from an incomplete ministration of the milk of the word which alone can't discern darkness. MILK IS NOT ENOUGH TO REMOVE DARKNESS IN THE SOUL. After New Birth experience, we would ride on milk and have results (i.e. miracles, healings, provisions, breakthrough, etc); but after a while, we begin to notice that we are lacking, that darkness still resides in us, even though we suppress it with faith confessions like "I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus", but if we don't deal with such darkness, we would inevitably walk in it (1 John 1:5-9).
- There's A Level Of Light In Milk, But It's Not Enough To Take Care Of The Darkness In The Soul. Your spirit has been ignited by the light of life, but your soul is a keeper of another type of light called darkness (Matt. 6:23). Your spirit is life because of righteousness (Rom. 8:10); but your soul can't comprehend this because it can't walk in it. It is bankrupt of the knowledge required to walk in light.
- God will at an initial stage, communicate a lesser light to our souls, but not the perfect light (Jam. 1:17). It's as we respond to this initial light that his Spirit would keep visiting us with higher levels of light. After the initial excitements that accompany the new birth experience, you'll begin to see that there's more to deal with in terms of becoming the righteousness of God!
- As already mentioned, there's a light in the milk of the word, in the elementary principles of the doctrines of Christ (Heb. 6:1-2). It's an aspect of the word of God and so it carries a kind of light (Heb. 10:32 – first illumination). However, this light is not strong enough and is not the Light of eternal life (Jn. 1:9a). What really happens is that God in His mercy lets us enjoy the light of the milk, though it can't bring the dawning of the day (2Pet. 1:19).
- The light from the milk is like a candle, "For no one lighteth a candle and puts it under a bushel" (Mathew 5:15). Your soul is the bushel that's supposed to be lit.
- You are a city of light, but when your light is covered (the light in your spirit), you're not really lit. God’s light has lit your spirit but needs to also enlighten your soul, because the darkness is now in your soul (Ps. 18:28/22:29)
- Your spirit has been ignited by the light of life but your soul is a keeper of another kind of light called darkness which it has fallen in love with (Jn. 3:19). The Lord is therefore calling the soul to come to the place of fellowship with the Father and the Son.
- In this fellowship (1 Jn. 1:5) is the provision for the removal of darkness. This darkness is a lie. When you insist there is no darkness in you and thus refuse to respond to the Light/Truth that should remove this darkness, you deceive yourself and will remain unchanged.
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness". (1 John 1:9)
- To confess our darkness is not to one another. There's a place for confessing our sins to one another, but here, everyone must come to this fellowship and present himself by admitting there’s darkness within. This is neither sin-consciousness nor self-condemnation.
- Darkness is quite intelligent. It can tell you that you are being too "sin-conscious" when you come into this fellowship by admitting your darkness and sins. It will even use scriptures to help you continue in the deception of hiding and staying in your darkness.
- This confession is what would check that which is on the inside. "He that covereth his sin shall not proper" (Prov. 28:13)
- Note how Jesus treated the case of the woman who was caught in adultery with perfect light. He simply asked "He who has no darkness in him, let him be the first to throw stones at her". Thank God they were all conscious of their darkness and went away convicted of their supposed ‘good judgment’.
- THIS LIGHT ONLY COMES TO SAVE. EACH TIME YOU FELLOWSHIP WITH THE LIGHT, THERE'S SALVATION. As we yield to the light, God will continue to visit us with more light, and as He visits us, He shows us more darkness in us and our response to such revelation gets it judged. The light is meant to expose darkness (John 1:5). This is what has been happening during the ongoing Convention Preparatory Prayer Meetings. As we keep hearing, more darkness in us is being exposed.
- After darkness has been done away with, you'll come into great JOY! What prevents us from having joy is darkness. Joy is strength but this darkness within saps us of strength. That's what Satan has been using to weaken nations/souls. Every soul is a nation. Satan knows how to weaken you so that you don't come into joy.
- All the Lord wants is for us to RESPOND! May the Lord show us Mercy! We need mercy to be able to have hearts that are broken, contrite, repentant and willing to turn and respond to that voice of correction when it speaks "If we confess our sins..."
- Darkness has to be treated fast! The whole world lies in wickedness (1Jn. 5:19) and darkness is on the increase. Jesus says, "Walk in the Light; if you don't, you provide room for darkness to increase in you. As Light comes and you, walk in it and darkness is treated. Keep walking in it!
Comparing 1 John 2:8-9 and 1 John 1:6-7, we can see that:
- Each time you Love, you walk contrary to darkness. God is Light and is love.
- The commandment that says "Love your neighbor as yourself" is not perfect light, but the commandment that admonishes us to "Love your neighbor as I have loved you" is perfect light. If you ONLY love your neighbor as yourself you can still keep darkness, because you lack understanding of God’s love.
- There's a way God loves which prompted his admonition to us to "Love one another as I have loved you". How did he love us? He laid down his life, so loving as God loves means laying down your life for one another!
- In laying down our lives for the brethren, we need to LET GO of that thing that we love and want to keep direly! It's not just about giving. I can give and still KEEP myself. I can even give myself to you and keep my flesh because my flesh is not myself. I can give my flesh to be burned and take the glory; and something inside is swelling- it's that thing inside they want to treat.
- HUMANLY SPEAKING, TO LOVE AS GOD LOVES IS NOT POSSIBLE! THAT THING WITHIN WANTS TO ALWAYS KEEP! "I CAN GIVE ALL MY GOODS AND REMAIN UNTOUCHED IN MY SOUL!" BUT IT'S NOT YOUR GOODS THEY WANT, IT'S YOU. AND THE ONLY WAY TO GET YOU IS THROUGH THE COMMAND, "LOVE AS WE LOVE". WHEN YOU LOVE AS GOD LOVES, DARKNESS GOES. IT'S NOT ABOUT OUR BRAGGING OR CLAIMING IT. YOU NEED THE HOLY SPIRIT TO HELP YOU LOVE AS SUCH.
- The Spirit is what enables you to walk in light. Without the Spirit you present a living and acceptable sacrifice. If you sacrifice without the Spirit's help, flesh will boast and such sacrifice would have fallen short of God's standard. If you sacrifice through the Spirit like Jesus through the eternal Spirit offered up Himself, then your sacrifice of love would be pleasing to God.
Comparison of 1 John 1:7 and Hebrews 9:14, we can see that:
- There is an immeasurable dimension to which the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, would purge our conscience from dead works to serve the living God
- The Blood of Jesus is provided in this fellowship, and the fellowship is not possible without the eternal Spirit. The Spirit will lead you in such a manner that sin will be completely dealt with.
- The gladness in my heart is that, "we will live and yield because we would cooperate with heaven to surrender every darkness and give our lives to Light! We will come into the fullness of life and the fullness of joy, amen.
- Set us up O Lord for your own divine workings, amen.
- Pastor Emeka Egwuchukwu
Revelation Hour, July 6, 2013