The Lord is expressly dealing with what has reduced man to flesh (Gen. 6:3) and adapted him to life without an enduring glory, i.e. what made Job to compare man with trees (Job 14:7-10)
From the beckoning of truth, we gradually see and can say that:
- God via his Spirit is getting to the root of what has made purely spiritual things elusive to even zealous believers
- The hour draws nigh when believers would agree with the Lord in meekness that various Knowledge without the Tree of Life is not of GOD, even though it has determined how man eats and lives.
- The power that makes lawful things to captivate us is waning and Captivities of God’s Love are being raised
- New resolves are being born that would cause some to delightfully love not their lives (i.e. their Isaac) unto death (Matt. 19:29/Heb. 11:17/Rev. 12:11) and thereby overcome the snare of fear. (Rom. 8:15/Heb. 2:15)
As we patiently read the following ‘Holiness Made Easy’ transcribed message, may our love abound yet more and more in all Knowledge and Judgment, Amen.
LOVE, THE COMMANDMENT OF THE BEGINNING - Part 9
2 Jn. 1:1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth
- Children of Truth here are not just ordinary children. They are not just children of the milk (1Cor. 3:1-2). These are those who have entered the childhood stage of the dominion of the Father (1Jn. 2:13e).
- When the eyes of our heart are being enlightened, it is preparation for entrance. The reason for such enlightenment is to give us the spirit of discernment about Truth.
- It's not every child of God that is able to enter or hold truth. After being born again, you must CONTINUE IN THE WORD (Jn. 8:31b) you have heard. Then you'll be a DISCIPLE and then qualify to KNOW TRUTH and be MADE FREE. A disciple is he who is waiting to receive Truth.
Eph. 1:3-4 " Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:"
- Notice there is a colon (:) after verse 3 and before verse 4. This means verse 4 hinges on verse 3 i.e. without these blessings, you can't fulfill the calling to be holy and blameless.
- God is calling us to a terrain where we can love Him blamelessly. Love has its discernment. There is a way you love that makes you see things in a particular way. When one is in love, there's a way he begins to judge things Phil.1:9. The love of God has ways of discerning things.
Jn 14:9 "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"
- The Father loveth the Son with a high love in the Spirit and in His Son is contained all that makes Love what it is. The Father is confident about His Son's judgment and that is why Jesus said, "He that has seen Me has seen the Father". Jesus could discern this because He had the Father's love.
- God wants us to enter into such love/discernment, which He shared with His Son. But before we can enter therein, he must first bless us with every spiritual blessings that is kept in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. The essence of spiritual blessing is for you to come into true holiness (Eph. 4:24). You'll be so separated that no one can blame you, not even before angels. Angels would reverend your holiness.
- Those spiritual blessings are holy ingredients being transferred to us as "holiness" and when God gives you, you become blessed with them. And if these blessings are in "places" (Eph 1:3), you can't receive them all at once in one day. They are not physical, so those described as dogs (i.e. gentiles/unbelievers – Matt. 7:6/Phil. 3:2/Rev. 22:15) can't appreciate them. God's aim was to redeem the Israelis from being dogs. The curse Satan placed on man, made man exhibit a doggish nature (2Pet. 2:22).
- Dogs are men who can never trust God for their lives: they can neither be still nor know that He is God nor can they stay in peace. They are always restless and without faith. Dogs can't wait for spiritual things. Dogs are fearful. They won’t understand the Lord's exhortation that says "for thy heavenly father knows that you have need of these things" (Mathew 6:32) because of their inability to wait.
- From Eph. 1:2, we can deduce that to be graceless is to be without peace. Grace is what will sustain us till we receive the spiritual blessing in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.
- When you have less grace you'll always toil. That's what it means to live the life of a gentile or dog, always toiling, and when the prosperity of fools comes their way, they give boast and give ‘testimonies’. Their testimonies should not be the inspiration for pursuit of our own blessings. No! We are children of GRACE!
- What we should cry for is that grace and peace be multiplied (2Pet. 1:2/Gal. 1:3/Phil. 1:2/Col. 1:2). These are the ingredients that will interpret your destiny; hence you need not run helter-skelter about your future; you need to be at peace and stay in grace. You need to keep HEARING, for these things you're hearing are the spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus that will separate and make you holy/blameless.
1 Pet. 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy
- What makes us stop being dogs is the day we were born again. Anyone that is graceless/outside peace is a dog. For by grace were you saved" (Eph. 2:5/8). The core of your life is Grace, not your Sweat. The day you were born again, God dug a foundation of grace in you. You were once without God in this world, but now have been brought closer because of mercy and grace (Eph2:12/13).
- You need grace from these two beings, the Father and the Lamb, Jesus Christ. "Blessed be God"- He's blessed; that's why He can give blessings. He is a blessed person because He is gracious and plenteous in mercy. He is Grace personified that's why He commanded blessings on Israel through His Face:
- We see Grace and Peace in Num. 6:23-26! How do you bless spiritual Israeli/God’s people? With the blessings of His Face, with Grace and Peace! What has made the triune God blessed is Grace! God has nothing but Grace. When the heavenly beings cry out in worship, "Holy, Holy", it's a response to the energy of Grace that beams out of the nature of his holiness. His holy nature beats according the Law of Grace. That's why He's at peace and called the Rock. Grace is traceable to Peace while Holiness is traceable to Grace and Peace.
- What is peace? It is a settled Grace. It is grace in another manner/behavior. When grace has reached another dimension, it becomes peace.
Eph. 2:4 "God who is rich in mercy"- if there's no mercy, there won't be permission to know Grace.
- God has chosen you to be separated, to be holy and change dealings. He has to remove you from the pestilence that walks in darkness and the destruction that wasteth at noonday (Psalm 91:6). It's not easy to desist from darkness and cease from sin. You will need Grace and Peace to move from where sin has kept you.
- Sin in many places goes beyond fornication/works of the flesh and encompasses an alignment of life where we walk according to the confines of this world/darkness
- New Birth is a grace that makes you a candidate for much more grace. You can't walk in that grace except the newness comes.
- Blessing people is the right of a priest. True priests are blessed beings. To be a priest, you must be holy. Moving into holiness is moving into Rest. A priest is one who has found entrance into a life higher than the natural - a life of Grace.
- Because you're a priest, you're resting and things are happening because grace is with you. Grace is at work, so you can rest.
- When God has lifted your head, He has lifted your understanding and hence you'll not serve creatures.
- A holy man is a delivered man. This deliverance is freedom from worldliness; and to be delivered from worldliness is to be set apart, to be made holy. In this state, you have the ability to serve God wholeheartedly in faith.
Eph. 1:6 "To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved."
- Glory means Sonship. Without the spiritual blessings mentioned in verse Eph. 1:3, we can't come into the glory in verse 6 above. As earlier said, these blessings are face blessings, which are Grace and Peace.
Eph. 1:7: "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace"
- Your sins have been forgiven you because of Grace, but stains are still there. Total, complete remission of sins can't occur until you're made wise
- The spirit of wisdom in Eph. 1:17-18 is to download the remission of our sins. The reason we sin and walk in darkness is because we are blind and lack wisdom and spiritual understanding. The reason we would feel comfortable and relaxed in a demonic atmosphere is because our eyes are blind.
- The strength of sin is the law; knowledge is strength. You need knowledge (strength) to break from the strength of sin. It is knowledge versus knowledge. When we Know Him and His ways, we will change in Deed and Truth. The least of those who have received knowledge and downloaded the forgiveness (remission) of sin are higher than John the Baptist.
- Sin is responsible for a slow unholy walk. These sins mentioned in Eph 1:7 are many. They consist of all transgressions and offenses responsible for lack of progress in the Spirit. When you've been purified through KNOWLEDGE, these sins will leave.
Lk. 1:77 To give KNOWLEDGE of salvation unto his people by the REMISSION of their sins
- This message you're hearing is holiness made easy. Not a few praying and shouting is carried out with our human strength. To make you holy is to totally lose interest in loving this world and its lusts that pass away. It's not by shouting. You have to use holiness weapons, which are God’s weapon’s (Eph. 6:11).
- Rev. Kayode Oyegoke
Oct. 2013 Writing The Vision Prayer Meeting Preparation - Day 3