There are many reasons why we nod our heads in amazement of happenings around us, but there is only one of such we can share in common with the Lord Jesus; when we nod in response to the carnal/earthly state of the souls of believers. The answer to the following question(s) can help us ascertain if a believer is earthly-minded (carnal) or truth-minded (spiritual):
- Is his attitude to GOD’S WILL likable to that of David or Saul?
- Is his commitment to the issue of his spiritual inheritance (eternal salvation) likable to that of Jacob or Esau? Heb. 2:3/5:9
- Is his response to the light (daily commandments) that heaven is beaming in his generation likable to that of Adam or Jesus?
- Is he ready for the life-long-training of seeking to live by things-that-are-not-seen, or does he rather trust in his cerebral senses? 2Cor. 4:18
- Is he journeying with a limited understanding or goal of making it to heaven (angel’s primary abode) or with a quickened understanding that should end him in the father (man’s primary abode)? Jn. 14:3
- Is his lifestyle (use of time and resources) costly enough to give an interpretation of Christ’s faith and God’s Love to posterity, like we saw in Apostle Paul and John? Or, like it’s been the case with many believers, is it going to further veil men to these blessed experiences in God?
Every carnal believer who chooses to be sincere with God would know where he stands, and can begin by forsaking his unapproved rights – every righteousness that isn’t revealed by the father (Matt. 16:17/Rom. 1:17). The unfortunate life of the young rich ruler confirms that ANYTHING ELSE IS ACTUALLY COSTLIER!
The bible is the story of the soul! The human spirit died in Eden, was raised back after Christ’s resurrection, and even afterwards, it would always need the soul (the middle-man) to manifest the divine life that the Holy Spirit is routing through it. UNFORTUNATELY FOR THE WORLD, THE SUBJECT AND PHENOMENON THAT JESUS AND HIS HOLY APOSTLES DESCRIBED AS “THE SALVATION OF THE SOUL” CAN’T BE TAUGHT BY ANY ACADEMIC INSTITUTION ON EARTH BECAUSE IT ORIGINATED FROM GOD’S DEPTHS!
The Lord desires that this syllabus would find its way into the curriculum of our bible schools and our churches and has therefore stepped up the voltage of light that should raise priestly apostles, priestly prophets, priestly evangelists, priestly pastors and priestly teachers with adequate eyes (judgements) to build God’s habitation (Eph. 4:11-13)
We saw TWO TREES in Eden, but heaven awaits a company of men who will walk from believing to obedience (Rom. 10:16/16:26d/Heb. 5:9) and from THE EPISTLES to THE PARABLES OF JESUS. Their walk would expire that evil tree in Genesis 2:17 and leave only ONE TREE – the tree of life in Revelations 22:2, Glory!
The present perils and contradictions on earth, and the disorderliness within and without the church are but reactions and distractions to God's ongoing plan to corporately wrought salvation in men and through men (1Pet. 1:19/Rev. 12-10)
1Pet. 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
Rev. 12:10 …Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ…
The unimaginable pain of Rev. 21:4 which the Lord earnestly desires to spare us from, as He unveils The World of Truth is that of knowing we came so close to “BEING OWNED BY GOD” and “OWNING GOD" (Eph. 1:17a/Jn. 17:21-23/Rev. 21:3), but fell short of it, despite having the unfortunate examples of the young rich ruler and of the Jews.
The Lord is doing everything in His Glorious Power to establish believers with His Good Light – FAITH, and His Perfect Light – LOVE; such that should ultimately cause us to become heavenly citizens of the world to come (Rev. 21:1-2/10-11/23), rather than being earthly citizens in the world to come (Rev. 21:24). Selah!