It may interest you to know that what inspired my periodic writing some 8 years ago was a burden I caught when I saw how via ministrations that crept into churches, “gold” was being substituted for “brass” (2Chro. 9-10) and how this was limiting the Lord from blessing believers with himself; with His true riches (Eph. 1:3). A MAN-CENTERED, EARTH-BOUND HOPE has been handed to believers over the decades, and many of these have come with a “form of godliness” that lacks God’s power (1Tim. 3:5). It advocates a hope that is contrary to the HOPE OF THE GOSPEL (Col. 1:23) which was HIDDEN IN GOD FOR AGES (Eph. 3:9/Col. 1:26) but finally revealed through Christ Jesus.
· 1Cor. 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
So as far as the heavens is from the earth, so far is the difference in the content of many MESSAGES today, from that of THE GOSPEL OF THE LORD JESUS (1Cor. 2:1). The actual Gospel was so weighty that the Lord couldn’t unveil it during his walk on earth and could only declare it in parables (Matt. 13:34). He later had to pray to the father to send the Holy Ghost, whom alone can enable a believer to UNDERSTAND HIS PARABLES AND DISCERN HIS GOSPEL. The unveiling Christ is not the primary focus of many meetings today, and hardly would you ever find the manifestations and demonstrations of the Spirit and of Power (1Cor. 2:4) in such. To be taught the actual gospel, believer must start by coming under the ministrations of the Spirit where the person of the Spirit of Wisdom and Understanding and Revelation are at work(Eph. 1:17/Isa 11:2a-b).
The singular motive of the Gospel of Christ is to ultimately grant believers access to partake of the Righteousness of God (Rom. 1:16), the Peace of God (Rom. 3:17/Rom. 14:17/Isa. 32:17) and the Joy of the Lord (Neh. 8:10/Ps. 16:11/Jn. 16:24/Heb. 12:2), but none of the audience of Jesus including his disciples could comprehend or transact with these weighty promises (Heb. 5:11/Jn. 16:12-13). They were at the mercy of having encounters with the person of the seven Spirits of the Lord (Isa. 11:2/61:1/Rev.1:4) who is the administrator of everything that has to do with the receiving of the Kingdom (Rom. 14:17/Heb. 12:28/Rom. 5:6g) and they later did so post-Jesus resurrection.
When the church was born in Act s chapter two, all the apostles started out as Apostles of The Sincere Milk of The Gospel, and we see the ephemeral Provisions of God's Hand through exploits of miracles that reached unbelievers. The apostles doctrines (Acts 2:42) gave young/carnal believers a Foundation of Faith (Heb. 6:1c-d/2) and this was advertising somethings that remained hidden (mysterious), i.e. Eternal Provisions of God’s Face Which Was Later Kept In The Custody of Christ (2Cor. 4:6/3:18/Num. 6:25-27)
A time later came when the disciples made apostles who initially KNEW JESUS IN THE FLESH (2Cor. 5:16) exhausted the elementary (milky) provisions of the gospel and couldn’t relate with next allocation which was the MINISTRY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS (a deeper/meaty provision) that was needed to skillfully handle and communicate the REVELATIONS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS (2Cor.3:8-9/Heb.5:13b) and also ESTABLISH THEM IN THE GOSPEL (Rom. 16:25-26). They divinely located a vessel by name Paul of Tarsus (Gal. 2:9) and because he had KNOWN CHRIST IN THE SPIRIT (Gal. 1:15-16a/2Cor. 5:16), He was in a position to instruct them IN his revelations of Christ which has to do with spiritual wisdom (2Pet. 3:15)
· Rom. 16:25 Now to him that is of power to Establish you according to My Gospel, and the Preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the Revelation of The Mystery, which was Kept secret since the world began, 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the Commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the Obedience Of Faith
The scriptures of the prophets in refers to the writings of prophets like Isaiah, Ezekiel, Jeremiah etc which needed to be revealed/unveiled because of the spiritual understanding on the new testament subject called the Salvation of the soul that was contained in them (1Pet. 1:9-11).
Obedience to Faith here is not to the elementary faith described in Mk. 11:22 or Eph. 1:15 as ‘Your Faith’ but rather, the faith that was later revealed In Christ (Acts. 26:18e/Phil. 3:9d)
· 1Pet. 1:10 Of which Salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the Grace That Should Come Unto You: 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the Glory that should follow.
· 1Pet. 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the Grace That Is To Be Brought Unto You At The Revelation Of Jesus Christ (i.e. of his gospel)
While other Apostles later aligned with the Ministry of Revelation needed to migrate from Believing In Christ unto Knowing Christ, Apostle Paul was the first saint to comprehend the parables/gospel of Christ which:
1. Employs the skilful use of The word of Righteousness (Heb. 5:13b) to communicate purely spiritual meals that pertains to The Righteousness of God (Rom. 1:17), which was IMPUTED to the human spirit at new birth but has to be IMPARTED to the soul as we journey from Faith to Faith (Rom. 1:16).
2. Explains the FAITH OF GOD'S OPERATION (Col. 2:12b) as an eternal power that raised Jesus from the dead
3. Explains the three fold kind of kingdom compliant companies as Children (1Jn. 2:12/13d), Young Men (1Jn. 2:13) and Fathers (1Jn. 2:13a/14a)
4. Carries the eye salve that should anoint the eyes of our heart/understanding to discern the difference between The Promises/Good Reports of Heb. 11:2-39b and The Promise of Heb. 10:36/1Jn. 2:25/2Pet. 1:4, so we can seek such while it may be found (Isa. 55:6)
5. Calls upon all nations to escape spiritual corruption by Acquiring Knowledge of Our Inheritance In God (2Pet. 1:3-4) as we journey from the BELIEVING EXPERIENCE OF FAITH (1Tim. 2:4a/2Tim. 1:12/Heb. 6:1c-d/6:2) to the OBEDIENCE EXPERIENCE OF FAITH (1Tim. 2:4b/Pet. 1:2c/Rom. 1:5/16:26c/Heb. 5:9)
The day a believer begins to marvel daily like Apostle Paul did in Rom. 11:33 about the depth of the wisdom of God, and how unsearchable His riches are, that confirms such a one has started Sighting The Kingdom and is being prepared for an Entrance Into The Kingdom (2Pet. 1:11).
Father Abraham longed to see the day we presently live in (Jn. 8:56/Jn. 8:56/Eph. 5:8b/2Pet. 1:19); the day which he typified by his faith to faith walk; the day when men would receive God not just in their Spirit, but also in their Souls and Bodies. May we be foolish enough before the world (1Cor. 3:18) to embrace the actual gospel of Christ while it is available to us, amen.
You may share with your circle of influence if you have been blessed by it