After a series of exposures via teachings on the above subject, I found some great mercies to realize how shallow I have been in God’s definition of Love which remains the primary secret to living supernaturally.
In the spirit of 1 Cor.13, a wise man once said “… you can give your substance and still hold back self. You can even give your flesh to be burned and yet take the glory while something inside of you would celebrate such exploit and that thing (darkness – 1Jn. 1:5-10) inside is what heaven actually want to treat.
Humanly speaking, to love as God loves is not possible! That thing (darkness) within wants to always keep/hold back! Self or darkness might permit one to give all his goods, but would scream don't touch me!"
What the Lord wants is not primarily your goods, but you and the only way to get through to us is through the command, "LOVE AS WE LOVE". When you love as the godhead loves, darkness would expire! It's not by bragging or mire confessions. You need the Holy Spirit to help you love as such.”
The following transcribed msg is a great expose on the issue of love for the brethren from which the following excerpts was culled:
1. THERE IS A REALM IN WHICH GOD INDWELLS AND THIS REALM IS GOVERNED BY THE LAW OF LOVE. IT’S THE COMMANDMENT THAT THE GODHEAD SUBMITS TO.
2. The Realm Of Man Is Governed By The Law Of Fear. We cannot attain the realm of God even if we were to build the fastest rocket plane and the only way to reach this realm is by walking in love for one another.
3. When one is able to love the brethren, he’s learned to truly walk by FAITH and not by sight; and as he walks, he’s being made perfect in love.
4. Until we practice CONSISTENT love unto the brethren, we will never be able to arrive at where God dwells, the realm of perfect Love.
5. When keep walking INDEED, we’re getting closer to the realm that will embody us with the nature of LOVE and make us BECOME as God.
Grace for change has been encapsulated in the following painstakingly transcribed message and I pray you’ll find grace to patiently read/forward to your circle of influence.
LOVE, THE COMMANDMENT OF THE BEGINNING - Part 2
1 John 3:2 “Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear
what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.”
· The end of all knowledge is to BECOME. The end of divine revelation is to bring divine nature, not to endorse you with more knowledge. As the Lord opens us to portals of revelation, we must be careful lest we fall into the temptation of ever learning yet never able to come to the knowledge of truth (2 Tim. 3:7).
· The essence of revelations is to MAKE us like Him. We won't just know; we'll become whom we've learned. The reason we learn Him is to become Him. You can become Him: you'll not only be like Him, you'll be Him! Michael was "like"; Adam was "like" ... But for us, we're being called to partake of His very essence.
· The Lord’s ultimate prayer and desire was to indwell us and for us to indwell him, I in you, you in I (pls see John 14:11/15:4/Jn. 17:21). If He'll be in you it means "You" will be no more. It would be him” The "I" in you is the Lord. When He's in you, you become His very nature; you're not different from Him.
· To partake of that nature means to partake of things that has to do with the beginning, things prior to creation; it means to partake of Light not made, Light from which every other thing came.
· The scripture, "Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us that we are called sons of God" (1 John 3:1) is a calling to have a share in their capacity- to become of their own very person. This can only be LOVE that can do that!
· Love is not just an act; firstly, let's see it as a realm. Like the heavens are separated from the earth by a firmament. It could just be a thin layer, but you can’t cross this firmament as a physical man. In our heaven, there are also demarcations and boundaries. There is no distance you can travel that will bring you beyond this universe. If you like, build the fastest rocket, but it won’t ever get you to the realm of heaven of where angels called Might and Dominion dwell.
· Indeed, there are heavens. We need to know all about the heavens—if you’ll judge angels, shouldn’t you know about their terrains? The Holy Ghost will unveil these things to us as we follow on to obey the Lord. Then we’ll get to the point where we go beyond talking about these heavens and actually experience them.
· Indeed, as we continue to receive the Knowledge of the truth of the Lord, we'll be translated into the realm of love. This experience doesn't have to come after death; it can be a within-the-body or out-of-body experience while the person is alive. (2Cor. 12:2/Rev. 1:9). The days are not in the far future when man will come into experience of the heavenly realm while on earth; these days are already upon us.
· The days are not long when men who will have fellowship with what John fellowshipped with and come into all that they heard. We'll see and hear and know and experience things. Heaven is real; it's not a figment of your imagination. Many will indeed be caught up to the heavens as John was (Rev. 1:10, 17).
· You can smell heaven; it has a spiritual aroma. When you've been there, others will know because you'll carry with you an atmosphere of heaven.
· God will make us experience things. In heaven, there are firmaments which the Lord uses to connect. The Cherubim’s connect with the third heaven; but there is a realm higher than theirs, i.e. the firmament where Elohim Himself could be found.
· The reason John wanted to bow to the angels is because they were of a different nature higher than the realm where he came from (earth). If you're not of their realm you'll not be able to stand their presence which is consistent with their realm and will push one down on his knees.
· For you to receive what they’ve come to give, you need strength. If you meet those cherubim’s, you'll think you've met with God! But God is of the highest; higher than the things He created. You can't equal Him with the works of His Hands. The realm where HE dwells is love and it is consistent with His nature.
1 John 3:24 “And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.”
· The commandment here is the Word. He that keepeth His commandment (Word) dwelleth in Him and Him in him.
1 John 4:21 “And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.”
· The commandment here is LOVE. If we love one another, He dwells in us. So when you love as They love, you're dwelling in God and God in you; you’re dwelling in the realm that the Trinity dwells in! If you hate your brother, you're in another realm. Which commandment are you obeying? The commandment you're obeying will determine which realm you're dwelling in.
· A law rules in every realm to make the beings there consistent. Adam could govern the whole world from one spot without need of modern technologies like internet, Satellite, or phone. And how about Noah? Did he learn Zoology? Yet he successfully gathered those animals as instructed by God. It was his walk with God that brought him into some influences whereby things created answered to him. Adam was a king in his universe; he didn’t use our modern technologies, yet he ruled this universe well; why? Because he had not transgressed the law of life that governed the realm where he lived.
· The Garden of Eden (Eze. 28:13 – different from that of Adam) which Lucifer once managed before he fell wasn’t just a garden; it was a firmament from where the heaven of the earth cascades and touches down to our earth all because there was someone there who had the law governing that realm, a law that abode in him. When he transgressed against that law, something happened.
Eze. 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering,
· The realm of God is called LOVE; man’s realm was the Eden where Adam ruled. That Eden was a love garden.
· When you hear “He that loveth his brother dwelleth in God” (1 John 3:23-24), that realm of loving the brethren, all of it is God. It’s a mystery, but we must obey the commandment; “And this is His commandment that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as He gave us commandment.” (1 John 3:24).
· As you keep the love law of the realm of that garden, you actually dwell IN God. “In Him we move and live and have our being” (Acts 17:28). That realm, Love, is actually Him, and He is also in that realm. When you keep the following command, “And this commandment have we from Him, that he who loveth God love his brother also” (1 John 4:21), He’ll say to you, “All you’ve been doing is IN me”. Therefore we always find “In Him” in the epistles; that’s His realm.
· You see then that love is not just acts but a realm; a realm that is strictly all God! If you’re going to be found there, you must have walked and walked in this law of love until you become Him (until you become Love).
· Geographical location is not what matters here. That realm, as mighty and glorious as it’s been described in the Scriptures, if we love one another, we’ll be walking in that realm too! That’s why if you hate your brother, you’re in another realm. The commandment you obey will determine which realm you’re dwelling in.
Psalm 91:1 “He that dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty”
· Its fear that makes us to quote such scriptures like Ps. 91:1 before we go to bed or as we prepare to travel. But it's not something you just quote and ‘gbam’, you find yourself in the secret place of the Most High! No! It’s our walk (keeping the commandment of love) that will journey our souls into the secret place of the Most High.
· Imagine it! Being in this realm where no pestilence or destruction can get to you! The commandment to love one another is the law that governs that realm. It’s not because you’re “lucky” that these things (pestilence, destruction) escape you. It’s because you’re walking, you’re dwelling! If you desire to dwell in that realm you have to be consistent in your love walk towards the brethren.
· You love because the Seed is in you and you can’t do otherwise. You love because you're acting out a law inside you. You're being consistent with your place of abode. As earlier mentioned, such laws rule in a given realm to make the beings there consistent with that realm. If you decide you’re not going to obey that commandment, you drop. If you keep that law, you’ll ascend to inherit as yours, the things that are in that realm.
· Can you keep that law? God the Father keeps it; He is Himself Love. That’s His law which governs Him and the realm wherein He dwells. One thing that doesn't allow us walk in perfect love is FEAR. But obeying the commandment to love the brethren is a step of faith that counteracts that fear—“Perfect love casts out fear” (1 John 4:18).
· We ought to be made perfect in love. We start by TRUSTING God. Fear won’t allow us journey into the realm of Love (the realm of God). I read this story; someone was falling off a cliff and held on to something while crying to the Lord for help. And the Lord said, “Remove your hand from that thing you’re holding!” (lol!) He could have quoted “Beneath are the everlasting arms to hold you less you dash your feet against a stone (Psalm 91:12), but the Lord said, “Remove your hands!” TRUST GOD!
· But FEAR, fear always acts contrary to that law of love. That’s where hatred comes from. The reason I’ll want to struggle with you for position is fear. Fear governs the terrain of the fallen man; that’s the law that governs his realm—FEAR! And it’s what makes us not to obey. It keeps telling you, “If you remove your hands now!” Faith says, “Remove your hands”; Fear says, “You’re not too sure. Hold the one you know because the one you know is better than the one you don’t know!”
· Our God decided to come down to be like what His Hands created; how could He do this without fear of polluting Himself? Perfect love did it! It casted out the fear of taking flesh; and so love triumphed over death! Wow! Unimaginable! God sent His Son, His only Son, to become propitiation for the sins of the whole world!
· Jesus could have recreated after mankind fell; He had the power to create new species after man transgressed and disobeyed the law of life. Instead, the Word became flesh and dwelt among us - He became man! (John 1:14) He said, "I love my own: It's just corruption, and it can be taken away".
· When I see Him face to face, I'll ask Him how He agreed to become man forever. He'll most likely show me His scars on His Hands forever inscribed there. What is this kind of Love?!
· He's showing you where He is and Who He is. He Himself is the "thing" – He is “the place”, the realm; He is “the thing” being described—LOVE! Why won't I be like Him? He always tells us, "Fear not", because fear will keep you away from His realm; fear will prevent you from becoming like Him.
· Pst Emeka Egwuchukwu
Rev. Hr. 7th September ‘13