It would be forward on my part to claim I know one of God’s choicest servants, Moses. I am yet to fathom how painful it was after decades of being emptied of a high degree of self through God’s tough dealings in the wilderness, after interceding/laboring over a stiff necked Israel, after seeing God’s face (i.e. shadow), to later get to the junction where he was SHOWN THE LAND OF CANAAN FROM AFAR OFF BUT TOLD HE COULDN'T ENTER IT BECAUSE OF AN ACT OF UNBELIEF? Deu. 34:1-7.
But for this transgression, Moses would not have smelt death! If he had completed the syllabus of faithfulness like we are called to (i.e. give God the glory by speaking to the rock, which was Christ and thereby not sanctifying the Lord God before Israel – Num. 20:11-12) he would have:
- Overcome such SIN OF THE HEART which the following transcribed message x-rays as UNBELIEF
- Entered the Promised Land
- Been translated to heaven without seeing death like Enoch and Elijah didn’t see death.
After spending some over 5 hrs going over and over and over the following message, I found the Lord calling his saints to REPENTANCE, like Moses definitely must have later repented of this one wrong, leaving no stain rested upon his character before heaven’s books.
AND SIN BECAME A PERSONAL HISTORY & TRUE HOLINESS A REALITY - Part 6
(AN X-RAY OF UNBELIEF, THE ROOT OF ALL SINS)
TEXT: HEBREWS 3 :10-19
Heb. 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you AN EVIL HEART OF UNBELIEF, in departing from the living God. 3:18 And to whom swear he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? 3:19 So we see that they could not enter in BECAUSE OF UNBELIEF.
· Sin in this passage is that of unbelief, which is the root of all sin. The Bible therefore says the unbelieving and the fearful etc shall not have a part/inheritance in God – Rev. 21:8
· Unbelief is not just when you say ‘I do not believe’. We need to see how deep and disastrous it is. Out of it springs every other things called unrighteousness which made God says concerning the children of Israel … they always err in their heart not knowing my ways – Heb. 3:10
· The first place unbelief was found was in the heart. The Bible says whatever is not of faith is sin (Rom. 14:23), in other words, we can also say that whatever unbelief would bring forth would be sin before God.
· When you begin to see unbelief as sin, you will really be able to understand sin when it changes form. THAT WHICH IS SIN TO SOMEONE WHO IS AN UNBELIEVER SHOULD BE AN ABOMINATION TO A BELIEVER.
· THE OPERATION OF SIN IS HIGHER THAN ACTS. The Bible says ‘They always err in their heart, i.e. It’s a HEART ISSUE, not just ACTS ISSUE. Sins that are not obvious to believers are that of an erring heart and such sins don’t seem great to us because it is unseen (i.e. not related to tangible actions) but it has a height and weight in the realm of the spirit
· When someone who does not have a womb tries to hold the seed of truth, such would always cast her young (Exo. 23:26) like it is in the natural. When the seed (i.e. truth) comes, you are required to hold it steadfastly (Heb. 3:14) unto the end lest it gets aborted.
· Maturation/fruit bearing is the end of what has been sown into our hearts, so WHAT UNBELIEF DOES IS THAT IT LIMITS THE HEART FROM HOLDING THE SEEDS OF TRUTH UNTO THE END AND CAUSES AN ABORTION IN THE SPIRIT. many believers therefore keep hearing but can’t come into knowledge of the truth – 2 Tim. 3:7
· As light increases, there are certain things that God will want us to BELIEVE and then RECEIVE, which would enable us inherit him, and we can’t RECEIVE such SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS if we have unbelief in our hearts.
· Zacharias by the virtue of the priesthood was meant to stand God’s presence like Gabriel did. Angel Gabriel therefore implied from experience that Zacharias who likewise came into the holy place to accomplish service for Isreal, had been exposed to God’s presence and had gotten to a realm where his doubt couldn’t be entertained in such court. He therefore became dumb for a season when he doubted
· As simple as unbelief looks, it’s a sin that wouldn’t be entertained at such level. The holy place is where the seven golden candlesticks reside; signifying the seven Spirits of God (Isa. 11:2-3/Rev. 1:4) and heaven won’t entertain unbelief when you get there.
· The more light/revelation comes, the more the responsibility of expressing faith and the more heaven would demand that you rely and absolutely trust on them. Moses’ unbelief was non-negotiable because heaven expected him to KNOW BETTER. Apostle Paul therefore said in 2Cor. 5:11 ... ”Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men”
· It is in this sense that the Bible says ‘Let not many of you desire to be teachers’, because teachers will be judged more strictly (James. 3:1). The anointing makes teachers/preachers of the word to SEE and if you see and don’t walk in the light of what you are seeing and preaching, you would FALL SHORT of entering it.
· Moses was told ‘this issue is non-negotiable’. We will not allow you go further because you erred.’ If the Bible did not mention it; you as a reader will not know that he erred in doing so. Greater light had come to Moses so he was told to SPEAK TO THE ROCK and not to STRIKE THE ROCK and heaven counted it as UNBELIEF when he did otherwise and Moses was called home.
· This is the connection; speaking to the rock would have sanctified the Lord (Num. 27:14) before the people and God was denied of this honor! Moses had been used to hitting the rock. He did so the first and second time and water came out but the people drank and did not know what had gone wrong in the spirit….
· When revelation is coming; the purpose is to both RAISE YOU and to SANCTIFY THE LORD BEFORE HIS PEOPLE. In other words, there are things you SHOULD NOT DO any longer when revelation has come to you
· The children of Israel erred severally, and God forgave them on several occasions, but took note of ten key occasions (Num. 14:22) that later made them to fall short of entering into his rest.
· The bible brands a heart that does not belief an EVIL HEART because out of it will flow things that are not consistent with God’s ways. As revelations come, the ways of God are delivered to us which in turn would lead us into the path of salvation.
· To be meek is to lack the ability to defend yourself because you truly believe in God. Lowliness is an expression of faith. Pride is as a result of unbelief in the heart. Haughtiness of heart is an expression of unbelief. Many haven’t subscribed to meekness because they don’t believe/trust in the invisible. Many rely on things that can be seen.
· One who is meek is strong, though looks week before a worldly eye. One who is lowly is strong and would inherit the earth (i.e. judge the earth like Adam, Moses etc did) - Matt. 5:5. The proud will not inherit the earth because he cannot obey the spiritual laws that would enable man to govern the earth.
· Jesus won spiritual battles strictly with meekness and lowliness which are the expressions of faith of the operation of God (Col. 2:12) , not that of faith towards God (Heb. 6:1). Anyone whom such faith is working in would come into meekness.
· Isa. 66:2 says ‘but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit (i.e. meek), and trembleth at my word.
· When God finds such soul, he would build such to be faithful house like Moses was found and built (Heb. 3:5). Moses did not look like a building when he was walking in the wilderness but that was where he was made a general with a military strategy that men knew not (i.e. the use of a staff before Pharaoh/parting of the Red Sea e.t.c). It takes meekness to learn and be built to exercise such authority. God brings His generals down/low, to a place where they are nothing so that He will be their all in all!
· God will not come until man is finished. God was only able to raise Jesus because He had gone to the lowest part of hell. The more light you access, the more lowly you become and the more you are strengthened in God.
- Pst. Emeka Egwuchukwu