Beloved of Heaven,
This series (Part 1 to 28 ) was born in 2010 through 2011 during my daily habit of sharing God’s word with colleagues at work in reverence to Heb. 3:13 when inspired to.
Part 1 of this series is an attempt to breakdown the Lord’s weighty counsel in Jn. 8:31-32 which encompasses what began the faith walk and what would end it i.e. BELIEVING, CONTINUING IN HIS REVEALED WORD WITH ITS DEMAND, BECOMING A DISCIPLE, THEN COMING INTO THE KNOWLEDGE OF TRUTH & BEING MADE FREE FROM THE WRONG NATURE WE INHERITED, which isn’t a one-off experience as perceived by many but A FAITH TO FAITH EXPERIENCE.
PLS FIND GRACE TO PERSONALLY REFER TO EACH BIBLICAL QUOTATION
I realize that the Words of Christ Jesus during his earthly ministry are weightier than we readily comprehend and they are loaded with divine substances that can connect us to the throne!
Jn. 8:31-32 “Then said Jesus to those Jews which Believed on him, If ye Continue in my word (i.e. not all would carry their cross daily), then are ye my Disciples indeed (not by words); and ye shall know the truth (which is different from believing in the truth), and the truth shall Make You Free.”
I’ll hereby detail what is not a ‘clad rule’ or what I would even label as a principle but rather, an inspired introductory understanding that buttresses Salvation as an ONGOING PROCESS which only ends when a Christian finishes his/her Course i.e. As unbelievers, we later became Saved in our Spirit (Jn. 3:3), as believers, we are meant to be experiencing an ongoing Salvation of Our Soul (1 Pet. 1:9/Jam. 1:23) so we can ultimately attain the fullness of salvation (i.e. our being saved unto the uttermost) before we depart to be with the Lord (Matt. 13:33/Heb. 7:25)
Dan. 12:13 “But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.” (Daniel finished His Course)
2 Tim. 4:7 “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: (Paul finished His Course)
1 Tim 1:19 “Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck (i.e. not all believers would finish their course)
Matt. 13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures (i.e. the spirit, soul & body) of meal, till the whole was leavened (i.e. salvation unto the uttermost)
- A Believer - One whose human spirit is regenerated/born again (Tit. 3:5) and can fellowship with the Milk of God’s Word (1Cor.3:2/1Pet.2:2). Such qualifies for the 1st infilling or initiation into the realm of the Spirit and is expected to profess his conviction in his new found love. Such can relate with principles of sowing & reaping among others & should partake of some the gifts of the Spirit - 1 Cor. 12:31
Mark 5:36 As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe (the criteria for receiving miracles for young/growing believers)
- Continuing in His Word – This is a more matured phase which is higher than the initial ‘only believe’ demand of Faith. Believers are expected to appreciate in the quality of their faith therefore the phrase ‘Faith and Love In the Lord Jesus (Eph. 1:15/Col. 1:4) where we gradually learn to add Patience to Faith and CONTINUE (Jam. 1:25) accordingly. Here, the condition ‘IF YOU CONTINUE IN MY WORD’ comes into play because the glories and cares of this World (Mark 4:19/2 Tim. 4:10/2 Pet. 2:15) that pulled back the likes of Righteous Lot, Demas and many till date promises to ensnare many and render make such a captive of a lesser/carnal life.
Heb. 10:38 “But 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: BUT IF ANY MAN DRAWS BACK, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.”
- Discipleship – This is a phase of complete weaning from the Milk of the Word (1Pet.2:2/1Cor.3:2) where the enlightenment of the Eyes of the Heart (Eph. 1:18) prepares us for an access to the Secrets of Christ (Isa. 8:16). This is where a believer gradually understands the Parables of Christ which was only broken down in the Epistles via sound teachings, after which such would be strengthened to disown philosophies, traditions/doctrines of men and the rudiments of this world. Believers that reach such stage can delightfully endure trials and prepare to migrate further to a ‘soul state’ called which Isa. 13:12 likened as Gold (Rev. 3:18)
Phil. 1:29 “For unto you (disciples) it is given in the behalf of Christ, NOT ONLY TO BELIEVE ON HIM, BUT ALSO TO SUFFER FOR HIS SAKE”
Job 23:10 “But he knows the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold”
- Knowledge of Truth – This is where the mystery of godliness (1 Tim. 3:16) is demystified to a believer as the eyes of his heart is further enlightened to can discern the true color and Wisdom of The World, which remains the primary enemy of truth. Saint would have journeyed from BELIEVING IN THE FATHER to gradually KNOWING HIM by KNOWING/LOVING THE SON (Jn. 14:21). This is a phase where we are prepared to become a ‘Prisoner of Christ’ whom He can confidently commit His Righteous Judgments and strengthen to overcome the world and attain the New Creation State in his Soul (Rev. 12:11/2Cor.5:17)
2Cor5:17 ‘Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is A New Creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
(i.e. our recreated human spirit is a citizen of the world to come and is seated with Christ in heavenly places @ new birth, but the Soul needs to be thoroughly feed with REVELATIONS/THINGS OF GOD to attain/inherit the new creation state)
Isa. 28:9 “Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts”.
(i.e. the bible contains the milky and meaty forms of faith)
1 Tim 2:3-4 “God our Savior; Who will have all men to be saved (i.e. born again), and to come (i.e. journey) unto the knowledge of the truth”
- Truth Making One Free – This is the phase/realm of liberty to actually engage God’s mysterious will after escaping from the bondage of corruption that has flourished for ages through lusts - 2 Pet. 1:4. This Is Where We Attain Our NEW TESTAMENT PRIESTLY CALLING (1Pet. 2:9/Rev. 1:6&5/10) and can MANIFEST OUR SONSHIP/DOMINION IN CHRIST JESUS after a consistent walk in the Spirit (Rom. 8:19-21). This is where a disciple presses into the measure of The Stature of The Fullness of Christ, The Complete Man that can ‘house the fullness of the Father & The Son’ - Eph. 1:11& 4:13/2 Cor. 6:18/Rev. 21:3
2 Pet. 1:4 “….that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, after escaping the corruption that works in the world through lust”
You would therefore see why Christ was called The Author and Finisher of Our Faith by a glorious saint who Saw and completed His course (i.e. by those who reached the threshold called ‘The end of The Faith, The Salvation of the Soul’) - Heb. 12:1/1 Pet. 1:9
1 Pet. 1:9 … “Receiving the end of your faith, even the SALVATION OF YOUR SOULS”
(Pls note that Apostle Peter was writing to THOSE ALREADY BORN AGAIN)
- My question now is ‘since those things Christ said while on earth were weighty, what adjective would be used in qualifying those things which he couldn’t say but had to leave for the coming of the Holy Spirit’? Jn. 16:13.
- My other question is ‘what is Christ currently speaking expressly of, from a More Excellent Name and a More Excellent Ministry (Heb. 8:6/Heb.1:4) that he attained after resurrection which was superior to the earthly ministry where he made declarations like Jn. 8:31-3 above?
What Christ revealed to His Holy Apostles by His Spirit are the declarations of the epistles and it is the wisdom for The Salvation of The Soul. So, understanding how the faith walk begins and ends is the secret to Completing Our Course Of Faith, for thereby would Christians Grow from being ‘Children of God’ to becoming ‘Sons of God’
Rom. 1:17 For therein (i.e. in the revelations of the Gospel expounded in the epistles) is the Righteousness of God revealed FROM FAITH TO FAITH: as it is written, The just shall LIVE by faith.
Kindly share with your circle of friends if blessed by this article